DIY storage cube monsters make cleanup fun!
Putting toys, games and clothes away is never fun – except when there’s a monster involved! That’s why we came up with a unique craft idea to turn our ever-popular Your Way® Cube or Your Way® Rectangle storage bin into a fun monster kids can keep their belongings in.
Not only does it help keep bedrooms and toy rooms neat, it makes a great decoration and an adorable gift your kids will love. We’re pretty sure this is one monster your kids will want under their beds … or in their closets!
- 1 white sticky-back foam sheet (colour optional)
- Pair of sticky-back googly eyes – size and number of eyes optional
- Scissors or craft knife
- FREE monster teeth template (Your Way® Cube and Rectangle sizes included)
- Glue stick (for other/additional design options)
How to make it:
- Choose either a Your Way® Cube with matching Cube Lid or Your Way® Rectangle with matching Rectangle Lid in the colour or print you want your monster to be.
- Print out the monster teeth template below and cut two rows of teeth for your cube or rectangle from the sticky-back foam sheet. If you prefer, you can also design your own teeth, but be sure to measure the window or panel of your bin first.
- Peel and stick the teeth to either the clear PVC window or chalkboard panel of your bin, aligning the flat edges to the top and bottom edge.
- Next, identify the front-facing edge of your lid, and place it on your bin. This will help you decide on the placement of your googly eyes.
- Now, peel and stick the eyes in place to the front-facing edge of the lid. You made a monster!
Add even more embellishments, if you’d like: Maybe some foam-sheet spots in a contrasting colour, or eyelashes, horns, ears or a nose. Maybe even glue a little faux fur or feathers to the lid for hair!
Consider stacking up a few monster cubes to create a fun tower shape or lining them up on shelves to create a monster’s row. The most important things to remember are to have fun and be creative!